Learning how to be a master re-mapper has its natural learning stages too. Viezu has been supporting ECU Remappers with either Client Tools, Master Tuning Tools or both since 2008. Viezu supplies over 600 tuning files per month. With a dedicated team of 5 file writers, Viezu offers live support from 07:00hrs – 21:00hrs British Standard Time and an automated file dispatch service is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year, it takes on average 3 minutes to self-serve and download a file from the automated service.
Customer Service is at the heart of what Viezu offers, with an average file turnaround time of less than 25 minutes; you are not waiting around for your file to be delivered nor do we ever have a “factory shut-down” period either. Files are always being delivered no matter the time of day!
Going from being a Client ECU Remap Operator to being a Master ECU Remap Operator has its natural stages of progression and Viezu has a clear set of policies around releasing tools for Master upgrade or transition to other file providers – we don’t want to hold you back from your journey. Inevitably the more tuning you do the more opportunities present themselves. The starting toward becoming an ECU re-mapper varies sometimes but the journey is typically:
- Outsourcing ECU remapping to a Client ECU Remap Operator to see if there is a viable customer take-up on the service and a business opportunity
- Stop outsourcing to the Client ECU Remap Operator and invest in owning a Client Tuning Tool linked to a reputable Master Remap File Provider
- Open-source ECU remapping; upgrades a Client ECU Remap Operator to become a Master System Operator – taking files from reputable file providers (open source tuning)
- Self-supply; learn how to write files in map editing software as a Master System Operator create/write own files
A word of caution – not every Master Remap File Provider will happily release your Client Tool. Depending on the contract or agreement you have made either in writing or verbally. So you really need confirmation of what the policy is regarding the release of Client Tools.
The Viezu understands the journey you will take and what your goals are, and what you need to go through in terms of taking charge of your own re-mapping destiny and unlike other Master File providers, Viezu will release your Client Tool so you can progress at your own pace.
Client or Master Re-mapper – which is better?
- Being, and remaining, a Client ECU Remap Operator has its advantages. However, this is only possible if you are with a Company that is focused on customer service and delivery and can provide you with quality files at a time that is convenient to you and your customers.
- You can remain as a Client ECU Remap Operator for as long as you want.
- Investing in Master ECU Remapping Equipment is expensive
- Some Master File Providers refuse to release tools preventing the Client Operator from progressing without added costs of buying new equipment.
- Master Operators are in complete control of file quality, whether they are buying Master
- Master Operators decide on pricing and are in control of pricing and ROI
If you want to discuss with the experts which journey is right for you, contact Viezu on 0044(0)1789 774444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Car tuning training courses online and in class can be seen here https://www.remap101.co.uk/